Not only that made this week great though - yesterday I booked a holiday with two of the nicest girls to go to LA and Florida in late August and I'm SO EXCITED. I've never been to the US and, while New York will always be top of my list in that regard, both LA and Florida look incredible and I think it's going to be an amazing trip!
So, I know that's nothing to do with today's post but I just had to mention both of those things because wow, I can't stop thinking about them. I hope you're all doing well and now I'll actually get on with today's post...
This week's prompt is: "List your essentials" and I wasn't sure what exactly counted as an essential so I've just gone with the first things that popped into my head when I saw the prompt, so let's go!
- Chanel Chance Eau Tendre perfume - AKA the pink one. I've worn this perfume for four years or so and I adore it. It's floral and Spring-y and perfect.
- GHDs - My best friends kindly got me a pair of GHDs for my eighteenth birthday and I don't know how I lived my life before them!
- Time for breakfast - A bit of a weird one, but having my alone time for breakfast is so important to me. For as long as I can remember (except at uni last year when I was living in catered halls) I've grabbed my breakfast and a cup of green tea, gone back to my room and read blog posts while eating it and drinking the tea. It's a strange ritual, I know, but that time really sets me up for the day and I love it.
- Time to myself to recharge - In a similar vein, as much as I love spending time with people, after a while of doing that or having a few days in a row of having things on in the evenings I *need* an evening to myself to binge something on Netflix and to just reset.
- A cup of English Breakfast tea and a good book - These two things can fix almost anything.
- Black, high-waisted jeans - The amount I wear mine is probably bordering on disgusting but I don't care. They're the best.
- Podcasts - I don't know how I ever walked places without podcasts. I'm utterly obsessed with listening to them.
- Spotify - Making monthly playlists is something I'm really into right now but music has always been a huge part of my life and so Spotify is a definite must-have for me.
- Good food - Did I even really need to add this to the list?! I'm sure you already knew how important food is and how happy it makes me so it's safe to say that it's an essential.
And there you have it! What would you say are essentials in your life?